Nurturing and developing the innate interest that young children have in nature and maintaining that interest as they grow older can be as rewarding for the teacher as it is for the child.
talk: Wildlife offers a number of Natural History educational activities for schools. Choose from a series of curriculum based (Levels 1, 2 and 3) and general wildlife activities designed to enhance existing learning and introduce pupils to wildlife and its conservation. In addition, I offer informal coaching for Nursery and Primary School teachers in how to engage children with nature.
I have worked in wildlife education for over three years, designing, developing and delivering natural history activities for schools. Most are interactive and can be delivered outdoors and/or in a classroom environment both at the school or at Old Buckenham Country Park where talk: Wildlife is based.
Topics for schools include:
- Food chains and webs
- Life Cycles
- Rocks and fossils
- Evolution and inheritance
- Animal classification
Each topic has been customised to the relevant study level and where appropriate, topics may be combined to demonstrate their synergy i.e. Plants and Pollination. I can also develop tailored activities for Year 10 and above. Where required, I have magnifying glasses, magnifying loops, binoculars and guide books available for use during activities.
- Outreach – Whilst there may be a small charge for outreach services, some schools may qualify for free visits to the school.
- Park visits – Free – there will be no charge for park entrance (Old Buckenham Country Park) or activities (delivered by talk: Wildlife) up to September 2022.
Additional information for schools
- Old Buckenham Country Park has toilets, picnic facilities and an indoor area (large marquee).
- Coach parking available.
- Regrettably, outreach activities are currently only available in Norfolk and Suffolk – however, I may be able to help outside of these Counties so contact me for details.
- DBS – Whilst I have an existing certificate, I am in the process of renewing this (April 2022).
Booking outreach and visits
If you would like any further information, or to book activities, please email me.
I am very grateful to the following for their support: